- Choose the right lighting: Avoid turning your living room into the set of a Hollywood blockbuster. Go for soft ambient lighting to prevent eye strain.
- Follow the 20-20-20 Rule: Don't let your eyes feel like they've been on a sleigh ride! Every 20 minutes, take a 20 second break and gaze at something 20 feet away. It's a simple trick to give your eyes a breather and keep them in top shape.
- Keep blinking: We all know Christmas movies get us hooked every time. But don’t forget to blink to keep your eyes refreshed as blinking often gets overlooked during movie marathons. Make a conscious effort to blink at regular intervals. You can also use hydrating eye drops as they help moisturise your eyes and prevent that dry, strained feeling.
- Get comfy: Ensure your viewing spot is as comfortable as a cup of cocoa by the fireplace. Find the right chair and blanket nest to avoid awkward postures that might lead to neck or eye strain.
- Be easy on your eyes: Adjust your device's settings to be kinder to your eyes. Reduce screen brightness and enable blue light filters to create a more eye-friendly ambience. If you wear glasses, you can opt for blue light coating to help with the Christmas screentime.
- Take Intermissions: Schedule short intermissions between movies to stretch those limbs and give your eyes a mini break ‘clause it’s important.! You can even consider using a cool/hot eye mask between or after longer movie sessions.
Top Christmas movies that you can include in your Christmas movie marathon
Whether it's the nostalgia of childhood classics or discovering new tales that capture the essence of the season, Christmas movies have a unique ability to transport us to a world filled with wonder and warmth. Here, we unwrap the top 5 feel good Christmas movies that you can watch during the holidays:
1. The Holiday (2006)
Switch continents and swap homes for the holidays with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet in this delightful rom-com. Filled with cosy English cottages, Hollywood mansions, and unexpected love, "The Holiday" is a charming escape to the perfect Christmas getaway.
2. Home Alone (1990)
"Home Alone" is a holiday staple that combines slapstick humour with heartwarming moments. The timeless tale of Kevin McCallister outsmarting the bumbling burglars is a must-watch Christmas movie. With this, get ready for a rollercoaster of laughs and warm fuzzies.
3. Elf (2003)
Buddy the Elf, played by Will Ferrell, is the ultimate oversized elf on a quest to find his real father in New York City. This heartwarming and hilarious movie will definitely bring out your inner child.
4. The Polar Express (2004)
All aboard the Polar Express! Tom Hanks takes us on a magical train ride to the North Pole in this visually stunning and emotionally resonant animated adventure. Grab your golden ticket and believe in the spirit of Christmas.
5. Love Actually (2003)
Love is all around in this star-studded romantic comedy. With intertwining stories of love, "Love Actually" captures the magic of the holiday season. It's a feel-good movie that reminds us of the power of love and the importance of human connections during Christmas.
Remember to take care of your eyes whilst enjoying your Christmas movie marathon.