Contact Lens Care
About Contact Lenses
Children's Eye Health
Lenses & Lifestyle
Prescriptions & Eye Tests
What are the best contact lenses 2022?
Medically reviewed by Sharon Copeland on 14 January 2022
The best contact lenses for you depends on what your eyes require. Leading manufacturers including Johnson & Johnson, Alcon & Ciba Vision and CooperVision to name a few, are proud creators of the best contact lenses on the market. These lenses are made up of unique materials, technologies and features that make them the best contact lenses for you.
Top 10 best contact lenses
- It’s no surprise 1 Day Acuvue Moist is one of our bestselling daily disposable contact lenses. They are popular amongst daily wearers for being the most convenient, hygienic, safe and comfortable way of wearing lenses. Lacreon technology is used to lock in moisture, keeping your eyes hydrated throughout the whole day.
- There are a number of reasons why our Focus Dailies All Day Comfort contact lenses are amongst some of the best lenses around. Not only are they some of the cheapest in the UK but they are also incredibly comfortable and ideal for those with busy lifestyles. Featuring blink-activated Lightstream technology, Focus Dailies All Day Comfort provide ultimate hydration, keeping your eyes healthy all day long.
- Acuvue Oasys are the perfect modern silicone hydrogel contact lenses as they offer a combination of comfort and convenience. Not only do the lenses provide a high level of oxygen permeability but they also give the wearer UVA and UBA blocking. Compared to monthly lenses they are more hygienic way of wearing contact lenses and against daily lenses they are more affordable. Making them ideal for anyone with a busy lifestyle.
- Around for some time, Air Optix Aqua are reviewed highly for its quality and for being one of the bestselling monthly contact lenses in the market. With a silicone hydrogel design, the lenses allow more oxygen than traditional contact lenses making them offer the same level of comfort from day 1 to day 30. It’s no wonder that they’re so popular. They’re so comfortable that with the approval of your optician these lenses can be worn continuously for up to a week.
- Designed for working professionals, Dailies AquaComfort Plus are daily contact lenses that offer a fresh and comfortable contact lens wear. The daily lenses use an exclusive blink activated technology to keep your eyes moisturised all day long. The benefits of these lenses are that they prevent the onset of dry eye. Making these an office favourite for those who work in an air-conditioned environment or spend long hours in front of a digital screen.
- Dailies Total 1 Dailies Total 1 is recognised as the best daily silicone hydrogel contact lens on the market, made by contact lens specialist Alcon and Ciba Vision. The wearing pattern is the most hygienic way of wearing contact lenses, as the lenses are to be disposed at the end of the day. And, together with a high-water content level of 80%, a silicone hydrogel lens material and thin lens design, make them the highest performing contact lenses.
- Biofinity are rated the best monthly contact lenses that stand up to the demands of modern living. Made with a silicone hydrogel material and Patented Aquaform technology they allow a higher supply of oxygen into the eye compared to other monthly soft contact lenses. As a result of its premium level of comfort and moisture, these lenses can even be worn for up to a week as extended wear lenses, provided you have approval from your optician.
- Even though Acuvue Oasys 1-Day with HydraLuxe are one of the latest additions to Johnson and Johnson, they have already become a favourite. These silicone hydrogel contact lenses have become popular amongst daily wearers because they offer the same performance as Acuvue Oasys with the addition of being a daily disposable. Making them a more hygienic and healthier way of wearing contact lenses. So, we can understand why so many customers have converted over to these premium lenses.
- FreshLook Colorblends is titled best monthly coloured contact lenses for its wide range of colour choice, giving customers the option to choose from a vibrant or natural look. The colour blend technology combines three shades to instantly complement your natural eye colour, making them more desirable than a one toned lens. Not only will you achieve an enhanced look, but you can also rely on comfort and quality without breaking the bank.
- We also sell 1 Day Acuvue Moist For Astigmatism and it’s no surprise that this toric lens also finds itself on our ‘Top 10 Best Contact Lenses’ list. Boasting a blink stabilising design to ensure that the lens stays perfectly stable on your cornea, even during movement, these contact lenses will deliver clear, comfortable and stable vision all day long, no matter how active your lifestyle is. Not only do these lenses have Lacreon technology for added hydration throughout the day but they also protect your eyes against harmful UVA and UVB rays. You’ll be pleased to know that these contact lenses also come as multifocals.
Best Value Contact Lenses
If you're in search for the best contact lenses for value, you might want to try our exclusive comfi range. Our comfi Daily Disposable lenses have been favoured by our customers for their incredibly affordable price without compromising on quality or comfort. No doubt they have become popular, with a high-water content of 58%, to keep your eyes refreshed till the very end of the day. For added convenience the lenses are available in a 5 pack, giving you the option to try them without having to commit to a 30 pack.
Another brand of contact lenses which offer exceptional value for money are our Biomedics 55 Evolution Contact Lenses. These monthly contact lenses by Cooper Vision are popular amongst customers due to their excellent price, incredible fit and the top level of comfort which they provide. Featuring an aspheric design and tapered off edges, these contact lenses are not only ever so easy to fit but they also fit closer to the eye, providing the wearer with a smoother and more stable wear.
As well as performing highly as a daily lens, comfi Colors 1 Day has become our bestselling daily coloured contact lenses. For its quality in comfort and stylish choice of colours it comes in, it’s surprising how affordable they are. The stunning coloured lenses are highly breathable and can be worn for up to 12 hours, whilst they also offer UV protection if they weren’t a catch already.
Best Newcomer Contact Lenses
Our Live Daily Disposable contact lenses by Cooper Vision are by far one of the best newcomer lenses. With everything you’d expect to make them a popular choice, these silicone hydrogel lenses offer excellent breathability as well as UVA and UVB protection. In addition to this, they feature AquaGen technology which locks in moisture for all day comfort. This coupled with a high-water content of 56% gives the wearer fantastic hydration throughout the day. These new contact lenses were designed for those between the ages of 18-25 and are ideal for those who spend long hours in front of a screen.
With the Biofinity toric lens design and smart silicone technology which optimises oxygen permeability, MyDay Toric contact lenses by CooperVision promises remarkable softness and breathability. In fact, this lens has been described by the brand as their ‘best toric lens to date.’ You can expect comfortable wear and minimal movement throughout the day with these daily disposable contact lenses.
Air Optix Plus HydraGlyde for Astigmatism is another fantastic newcomer lens for astigmatic patients. This lens utilises a unique combination of technologies for outstanding comfort, long lasting moisture and a stable lens wear. You can expect healthier, fresher and optimally hydrated eyes thanks to the SmartShield technology which makes these contact lenses extra resistant to deposits and dirt.
We’ve narrowed it down even further and put together individual lists of the best contact lenses amongst the different types of lenses. Click on the link below to browse each category and find the best contact lens for you.