Contact Lens Care
About Contact Lenses
Children's Eye Health
Lenses & Lifestyle
Prescriptions & Eye Tests
Best eye drops for dry eyes 2021
Dry eyes can be an uncomfortable daily reality for many people. Dry and irritated eyes can be caused by external factors such as too much screen time, central heating or wearing contact lenses. Luckily, there are ways to alleviate the symptoms of dry eyes; one way is to use eye drops (also known as artificial tears). There are many eye drops on the market designed to aid different eye issues. Below we go through the best eye drops to treat dry eye syndrome.
Best value: comfi Soothe Drops
For incredible comfort and long-lasting relief at an affordable price, comfi Soothe Drops are the perfect fit. These drops are rich in sodium hyaluronate (HA), which replicates your natural tears, perfect for persistently dry eyes. These drops can be used with or without your contact lenses in, making them ideal for rewetting your lenses on the go. These drops will keep your eyes hydrated and protected from irritants like pollution, smoke and wind as well as excessive screen time. These drops must be used before the expiry date and discarded 60 days after opening.
- For ultimate hydration, Systane Balance uses Propylene Glycol to restore the lipid layer of the eye and lock in moisture. These drops rapidly soothe dry eyes, providing long-lasting relief. These therapeutic drops restore the tear film layer and protect the eye. In conjunction with our Thera Pearl Eye Mask, this is a combination to quickly and effectively banish dry eye. As more of a night-time treatment, you could also try Artlelac Nighttime Gel to intensely hydrate eyes overnight. You should remove your contact lenses before using these eye drops to avoid blurred vision. Use these drops before the expiry date and within 6 months of opening.
- For those that have sensitive eyes, Blink Contacts Bottle soothing eye drops are preservative-free. These eye drops were designed for both soft and rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lens wearers; they can be used with or without your contact lenses. These drops are especially great for rewetting your lenses. A great choice for rewetting your lenses before insertion or for lubricating your lenses during wear. Use before the expiry date and within 45 days of opening.
- Clinitas Soothe eye drops come in handy little vials, making them the ideal travel companion for dry eyes. These drops contain a high concentration of sodium hyaluronate to rehydrate the tear film and counteract the negative effects of heavy screen use and pollution that cause irritated eyes. These vials are resealable and can be used throughout the day as needed for up to 12 hours. If you drive a lot or spend many hours in front of screens (both reduce your blink rate) or you deal with air conditioning, heating, air travel or pollution, your eyes probably feel dry and tired. These preservative-free drops are ideal for dry and sensitive eyes. This product is also available in a larger 10ml bottle. Use before the expiry date and within 12 hours of opening.
- For persistently dry and irritated eyes, Artelac Rebalance is a great solution. With hyaluronic acid to help your eyes retain moisture, these drops rebalance the tear film and provide much-needed relief for dry eyes. These drops comfort the eye using a preservative that changes on contact with the eye to avoid allergies and irritation. The pink colour is due to the vitamin B12 content. These eye drops can also be used with or without your contact lenses in. These drops must be used before the expiry date and within 2 months of opening.
- Blink Intensive Tears Plus is an ultra-soothing eye gel drop. This product is thicker than Blink soothing eye drops, and you should remove your contact lenses before using this product to avoid any blurry vision. The viscosity hypotonic formulation provides all-day relief as these drops stay on the surface of your eyes for lasting comfort and protection. Ideal for contact lens wearers who suffer from dry, irritated or uncomfortable eyes, these drops are suitable to use day or night. Use these drops before the expiry date and within 45 days of opening.
- For fast dry eye relief, use Systane Ultra to soothe and hydrate eyes. These drops can be used to aid dry and irritated eyes from heavy screen use and drying environments such as central heating. These eye drops should be inserted 10 minutes before you put your contact lenses in to avoid blurry vision. Once opened, these drops should be used within 6 months.
- Blink Intensive Triple Action eye drops utilise sodium hyaluronate and vitamin E to help dry and gritty eyes. These ingredients stop the tear film from evaporating, keeping eyes comfortable and healthy all day long. This 3-in-1 action eye drop reinforces the lipid layer of the tear film to provide moisture, protection and a soothing feeling that lasts for the entire day. Use these drops before the expiry date and within 90 days of opening.
- Systane Hydration eye drops can be used to rewet your contact lenses in. You don’t even need to remove your lenses before using these lubricating eye drops. These preservative-free drops are perfect for sensitive eyes to give immediate moisture and balance to dry or irritated eyes. These drops contain sodium hyaluronate, a moisturising substance which is gentle on the eyes and naturally occurs in tears. These drops can be used for up to three months after opening.
- Blink Intensive Tears will soothe tired eyes. Use these drops to rewet your lenses (they can be applied with your lenses still in), or use them alone to rehydrate eyes throughout the day. The formulation of these eye drops is designed to mimic your natural tears for lasting comfort. Use before the expiry date and within three months of opening.